I transmigrated one day and somehow translated a novel to its 2000th chapter.
We’re kicking off the celebrations early for this milestone because it’s a humdinger of a writing contest! This special event is a blast from the past and revamped in conjunction with writing community Moonquill and LitRPG author Pegaz!
Thank you to all you wonderful readers who have followed SOTR from day 1 or day 1000. The journey started four years ago! Entry tickets to JC’s old men harem for all of you! XD We’re throwing a party that everyone can participate in, and that focuses on the best parts of SOTR.
SHORT STORY CONTEST PRIZE POOL:
- A Samsung Galaxy S10 to solve all the communication issues in SOTR. GPS tracking for Ling Bi’er! Facetune so JC would’ve known Nian’er is his kid. Facebook to show off his old men harem! (Eh, wot?)
- The elos Skateboard Classic is the closest thing we have to Starfate on good ole Earth. It’s just as retractable!
- One winning entrant to be illustrated as a 22-page manga with a colored cover. All those times we laughed at the wanted posters on MAI? Here’s your chance to see how it’s done!
- One Razer Death Adder Elite Mouse (SKT T1 Edition)in honor of my favorite LOL team. This is to all the times we bet chapters on the outcome of games! And Worlds 2019, moar betting!
- Cold hard cash prize of $300.
- Cold hard cash prize of $150. We can never have enough spirit stones, eh?
POEM CONTEST PRIZE POOL:
- A Nintendo Switch (neon blue and red joy-con) in honor of Jiang Chen’s gaming/gambling/betting addiction.
- A Logitech G513 mechanical gaming keyboard. Do you have the OP MC aura in your games?
- Bose Quiet Comfort 35s for when you need to meditate for a breakthrough at a party.
- The modern jade slip, a Kindle Paperwhite!
- Cold hard cash prize of $200.
- Cold hard cash prize of $100. MOAR spirit stones!
HOW DO I ENTER & WHAT DO I WRITE?
Jot down your best inspiration for a short story or poem and submit it through the Moonquill site! There’s no real deadline before the event ends, but remember voting starts on Oct. 1! Get your entries in before then for the best chance of winning~
SHORT STORY PROMPT (1000-5000 words):
Illustrate what happened to certain characters or locations while they were “off-screen”, or go off the rails and take the story in a completely different direction! What if a battle hadn’t turned out the way it did? What if best girl was someone else, or Jiang Chen had a different personality? Would it still be Sovereign of the Three Realms?
Write a poem that ties into a facet of SOTR. This can entail things such as Jiang Chen’s old man harem, the infamous fart that kicked off the story, or any other facet of the story.
ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON, PER CATEGORY IS ALLOWED. So everyone can submit one short story and one poem, and that’s it! Pick your best for folks to read~
Submissions start Sept. 2, and voting starts Oct. 1. Anyone is free to read and vote on the Moonquill site. There will also be cash prizes for random voters, so cast a vote for your favorites! Winners will be announced in November. They will be able to pick their prize from the pool in descending order.
ETVO I HAVE A QUESTION!
- How are you choosing the winners?
- Five for each category will be decided by reader vote, which opens on 10/1. Remember, you might win $$ simply for voting!
- A sixth for each category will be chosen by me, Pegaz (who generously sponsored some prizes), and Moonquill staff (the heroes behind the submission/voting infrastructure and consultants of writing contests!)
- Who is this Pegaz guy?
- Just your neighborhood nice author who got excited for SOTR’s milestone and decided to kick in some prizes as well! Thank you Pegaz! <3 He specializes in LitRPGs, so if that’s up your alley, idle games got nothin’ on The Idle System!
- It’s really hard to ship to my country!
- Indeed, some places are hard to ship to. We’ll work something out!
- I don’t read Chinese web novels. Who the heck are you
- Haiiii! I’m your neighborhood friendly fluff aka etvolare aka former NYC finance professional now full-time xianxia/CN romance translator.
- SOTR is my first novel from when I first set foot in this scene four years ago. I may eat dirt for a few months for this contest, but this milestone deserves a celebration! CN web novel authors need to publish ~10k characters a day, so the finished product here might be different to what English readers are used to with published works. But it’s still a good time!
It’s been an amazing rollercoaster, here’s to the end of the novel in ~400 chapters! Submit your entry and vote by clicking me~
Not a SOTR reader? No problem. Click me to start reading!
Mandatory text something something about how I reserve the right to change the rules and conditions at any time etcetc.